Publisher Freedom Games and developer Halberd Studios have announced that the pixel art Metroidvania 9 Years of Shadows will be released for PC on March 27 on Steam and the Epic Games Store and for the Switch in Q3 2023.
Freedom Games has provided the following synopsis of the game:
The world has been enveloped in the darkest of darkness for nine long years, stripping every item and living thing of its color. The once-thriving civilization has lost its memory of the sun’s warmth, laughter’s joy, and the prospect of a wealthy future.
Several brave individuals have attempted to enter the corrupting depths of Talos Castle, a long-abandoned orphanage from whence the curse sprang. Still, with each fruitless attempt, resignation became the people’s everyday meal and all hope was gone. Save for one individual.
Europa’s difficult mission is clear: penetrate the castle, discover the cause of the darkness, and restore color to the plains before it is too late. She is only equipped with her halberd and pure nerve.
Remove the Curse
A journey that will change your life begins now. Play the part of Europa, and as you learn the horrible truth about the destiny of her citizens, explore the magnificent halls of Talos Castle.
A powerful coming-of-age story that emphasizes the significance of accepting our emotions to recover. Set off on a friendship adventure where Europa and her faithful companion Apino discover how to rely on one another to get through any challenge and assist others along the way.
- Meet the mysterious and enduring people.
- Identify the ruins of old civilizations.
- Access points that speak echoes of the past are here.
Music Can Heal the Planet
Healing music plays a significant role in gameplay and the story, with a captivating and calming soundtrack tuned to 432Hz created by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania franchise) and Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid franchise).
- Amplify your powers by gathering musical notations.
- At the Theater Degollado, play quests for the composers and their orchestra.
- Use music to decipher enemy assault patterns.
Master the Elements
On your journey to success, you’ll run into many enemies, each of whom is dangerous and impressive. Yet, Europa and Apino are a force to be reckoned with when equipped with the proper elemental armor.
- Use your elemental armor strategically to dominate the numerous beasts that lurk in the dark.
- Use the strength of Poseidon, Gaia, and Helios to overcome puzzles and open doors that would otherwise be closed off so that you can face enormous bosses in the traditional Metroidvania style.
Explore a Stunning Pixel Art World
Explore Talos Castle’s rich setting to find colorful characters, ancient peoples’ breathtaking buildings, and fantastic paintings that await the bold enough to seek them out.
The foes that reside inside are a dangerous combination of biological and mechanical pieces that are equally gorgeous. Navigate the map to discover wealth, beautifully made scenery and heroically old secrets.
- Investigate a rusty, mechanical behemoth that is steeped in corruption.
- A simple fighting system will help you take on hidden bosses.
- Go deeper into Talos’ lore while collecting collectibles.
- Get power-ups that give Europa and Apino unrivaled battle ability.
- To purge the tainted planet, combine ranged spirit magic with melee prowess.
If you want more information about other games. So you can check the link below:
- Free Playstation Plus Game is Ineligible for the PS5 Upgrade
- New Gameplay Details for Homestead Arcana Revealed by Serenity Forge
- Portal Fan Remake Will Increase Gameplay
Check out the latest IGN trailer down below!
Please stay connected with us on Tech Ballad for more updates.