NFO alert: Edelweiss Mutual Fund launches Multi Cap Fund

Edelweiss Group, officially known as Edelweiss Financial Services Limited, stands as an investment and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai. The company was co-founded by Rashesh Shah and Venkat Ramaswamy. Edelweiss Group is engaged in a wide array of financial services, covering brokerage services, life insurance, general insurance, private equity, and various other investment-related services facilitated through its subsidiaries. Its extensive reach includes a network of sub-brokers and authorized individuals spanning across India. Edelweiss Group is registered with prominent financial exchanges such as the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), and Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX).

Mutual Fund

Edelweiss Mutual Fund recently unveiled the Edelweiss Multi Cap Fund, an open-ended equity scheme that diversifies investments across large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks. The scheme’s new fund offer became available for subscription on October 4th and is slated to conclude on October 18th, 2023.

According to Radhika Gupta, the Managing Director and CEO of Edelweiss Mutual Fund, this initiative is rooted in the anticipation of a promising decade for India’s growth. Gupta cited factors such as a dynamic and affluent young demographic, a thriving digital economy, improved exports, infrastructure enhancements, and better credit accessibility as drivers for this anticipated growth. She expressed confidence that Edelweiss Mutual Fund’s 15-year track record of successfully managing mid- and small-cap strategies, particularly through meticulous bottom-up stock picking, positions them well for managing a multi-cap fund with a heightened focus on the mid- and small-cap segments.

Gupta emphasized the fund house’s cautious approach to launching New Fund Offers (NFOs), ensuring alignment with favorable market conditions that benefit investors. Notably, Edelweiss Mutual Fund has seen commendable returns for investors in their recent equity NFOs, specifically in the Focused and Small-cap categories since their respective launches.

The principal aim of the Edelweiss Multi Cap Fund is to achieve long-term capital appreciation through strategic investments in a diverse portfolio of equity and equity-related instruments encompassing large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks. The fund’s performance will be measured against the NIFTY 500 Multicap 50:25:25 Index TRI. The investment strategy involves allocating a minimum of 25 percent and a maximum of 50 percent to each of the large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap categories. The overall investment in equity and equity-related instruments, spanning all three categories, will fall within the range of 75 percent to 100 percent. This approach is designed to ensure a balanced exposure across various market segments, offering investors a diversified and well-managed investment portfolio.